Thank you for your interest in donating to Haliburton United Church.
You may choose to write a cheque to the church and mail it to:
Haliburton United Church
PO Box 281
Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
Or, you may choose instead to do an electronic funds transfer (e-transfer, EFT) if you’re set up for online banking. Directions are:
- Log into your account.
- Look for ‘e-transfers’ or ‘Interac e-Transfers’. For example, with one of the banks you need to go to the ‘Payments and Transfers’ section first, and then find ‘Interac e-Transfers’ in the left column.
- Click on the option you find (if you find both, use Interac version).
- You may be asked to ‘add a contact’. Click there and fill in the information requested (name and email address are below) and click ‘add contact’.
- You may then be asked to verify your identity; the bank will ask to send you a verification code by phone call or email – click ‘send’, and when you receive the code, enter it in the area provided.
- The next window will say something like ‘send money’ or ‘recipient’ or ‘name’. Type in: Haliburton United Church
- Next line is email address. Type in: email@example.com
- Next line is amount. Type in the amount you wish to give.
- Next line is ‘from account’. Choose the account you want the funds to be withdrawn from (i.e. chequing, savings etc.)
- Next line is ‘message’. Type a message as to how you would like your donation allocated (i.e. $$ for weekly/general fund, $$ for Monthly Mission, Mission and Service or special projects – just as you would on your envelope). If you don’t leave a message it will automatically go to the general fund.
- If you’re not automatically taken to the next page, click on ‘next’ or whatever similar button is provided.
- Next window tells you that you’re done (you’ll see a note that we get to skip a step here) – click ‘send’.
- An acknowledgement will come to you from your bank via whatever method you chose when you set up your online account (i.e. email, text).
- The treasurer will receive an email alert which will be used to record your charitable donation for tax purposes.