“Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday and today and forever.” – Hebrews 13:8
To all friends and supporters of Haliburton United,
In an ever-changing, fast-paced world it’s good to know there is something rock solid and unchanging – our God, his truth and his promises. One such promise is that Christ will meet with us when two or more gather in his name. Many of us have discovered this to be wonderfully true. We have found that the church:
- has helped form our character and connect us with one another and God
- has helped us train our children and motivated us to serve our community
- is there for us in time of need
- is part of that special day when a couple unites in marriage
- is a place to learn, to grow, to share and to worship
Haliburton United Church is used by many in our community:
- HHHS — provide an Adult Day Program (ADP) twice weekly giving caregivers relief
- CHOIRS/BANDS/MUSIC LESSONS — practice and put on concerts
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT SERVICES — volunteer luncheons, ‘Need to Know’ seminars
- PRAYER GROUPS/BIBLE STUDIES/MEN’S BREAKFAST/KNITTING GROUP
- SIRCH & POINT IN TIME — young moms meet to support each other
- TAI CHI — exercise classes
- VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL & MONARCH BIBLE CAMP — summer camps for children
- LIONS’ CLUB — meets twice a month
- EH! ENVIRONMENT HALIBURTON – conversations on guarding the environment
- Plus MINDS IN MOTION & CARE GIVERS’ SUPPORT (Alzheimer’s Society)
- Plus FOOT CARE, SENSITIVE SANTA, SANTA CLAUS PARADE, DRAMA PRACTICES and more
This year, with your support and a substantial anonymous gift, we were able to re-shingle half of the roof as well as install new vinyl plank flooring in the Fellowship Room, foyer and washroom. We also painted these areas and half of the basement, upgraded the projection system and cleaned all the carpets and we are changing to vinyl plank flooring in the library before year-end. We like to keep the building looking fresh and inviting for our members, visitors and community users.
As usual, our operational church finances are facing a year-end deficit. Our 2018 budget is $118,000 for recurring costs (heating, hydro, insurance, technology, maintenance, wages, etc.). So far (the end of November), through the generous support of many, we have raised $105,000.
It is understood that not everyone is in a position to contribute more. We simply ask that you look into your heart and prayerfully consider what you can do to help. Donations are tax-receipted at the end of the year.
We look forward to many more years of worshiping together and serving our Lord in this community and beyond. Thanking you in advance for your assistance, prayers and support.
We remain in His Service,
Haliburton United Church Board of Stewards