To download a copy, click HERE.
Haliburton United Church Reopening Plan
AUDITORIUM CAPACITY – 38 ( 22% of capacity)
SERVICE TIME – 11:15 A.M.
Personal Congregant Protection
- Two meters (six feet) social distancing between congregants who are not in the same household must be maintained.
- You can only enter by the parking lot door. All other doors will be locked.
- There will be a “greeter” at the parking lot door to ensure everyone arriving, and entering the church are following the protocol, social distancing, masks worn.
- There will be no physical contact while greeting one and another.
- The washroom in the front foyer is the only washroom that will be available.
- Sign in at the table provided with your name and contact number. This will be kept in the church office for two weeks and then shredded.
- Apply hand sanitizer before entering the sanctuary.
- After entering the sanctuary, proceed immediately to a pew. The pews will be clearly marked as to where folks can sit. Do not stop to “socialize” on the way to your seat.
- There will be an offering basket located at the front and back of the sanctuary.
- No food or drink in the church at all. Coffee will not be provided.
- A mask must be worn throughout the service. Singing with the mask on is permitted. The music will be provided by the stage participants in the form of musical instruments and if singing, will have a face shield on. There may be lyrics on the screen to follow.
- There will be no books, bibles etc. provided in the pews.
- There will be no pew cushions available, if you need extra padding, please bring your own.
- If there is a program provided, this program must be discarded in the appropriate waste basket at the end of the service.
- There will be no sharing of materials or objects except within the family bubble.
- The congregation then must leave by the “back” door keeping the two-meter distancing. This same “greeter” will be at the door at the closing of the service again to ensure protocol.
- Do not stop to socialize – go straight to your car and leave the parking lot. If you need to socialize, make arrangements prior to the service to meet off church property.
- We need to protect vulnerable individuals, especially those over 70, those who are immuno-compromised. To support this, we recommend vulnerable individuals to stay home and take part in the streaming of the service on line.
- The worship team cannot have more than three members that will have to social distance on stage
- The team on stage will be required to wear face shields.
- All other volunteers will have to wear masks and will be instructed and trained based on the area they are serving. Instructions (if required) will be given prior to the Sunday they are serving.
- All hard surfaces in high traffic areas will be wiped down after the service.
- Washroom will be wiped down after the service
- Cleaning and disinfectant products must be church approved for that use and must follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Cleaning volunteers should be educated on the use of these products.
- Hand sanitizers to be checked after the service.
- The facility to be thoroughly cleaned and all surfaces to be disinfected during the week.
- This will include the cleaning of all light switches, door knobs, door frames, window sills, tops & backs of pews, hand rails & sanitation stations.
- All microphones and technical equipment to be cleaned after each service.
- The service will be recorded and streamed on line live through YouTube.
- Times will be announced.
Other Weekly Activities
- Church related meetings cannot exceed 10 people in attendance and social distancing measures must remain in place.
- Weddings and funerals will have to follow all the above guidelines.
- Outside rentals and free use of the facility is allowed but they must follow the Haliburton United Church Use of Space Policy and Protocol guidelines along with the above COVID-19 guidelines.
- There will be no food or beverages allowed to be served at meetings or gatherings and the church kitchen will be closed.