Thank you for your interest in providing an offering to Haliburton United Church. You can also donate to the Mission and Service fund, our monthly missions and special projects in the same ways. Be sure to indicate the amount that you’d like to give for each purpose.
There are three ways to make your offerings and donations.
You can write a cheque to the church and mail it to, or drop it off during office hours at:
Haliburton United Church
10 George Street, Box 281
Haliburton, ON K0M 1S0
Please ensure you’ve used the correct box number.
You can make an electronic funds transfer (EFT, e-transfer) if you’re set up for online banking.
- Log into your banking account.
- Look for ‘e-transfers’ or ‘Interac e-Transfers’. For example, with one of the banks you need to go to the ‘Payments and Transfers’ section first, and then find ‘Interac e-Transfers’ in the left column.
- Click on the option you find (if you find both, use Interac version).
- You may be asked to ‘add a contact’. Click there and fill in the information requested (name and email address are below) and click ‘add contact’.
- You may then be asked to verify your identity; the bank will ask to send you a verification code by phone call or email – click ‘send’, and when you receive the code, enter it in the area provided.
- The next window will say something like ‘send money’ or ‘recipient’ or ‘name’. Type in: Haliburton United Church
- Next line is email address. Type in: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next line is amount. Type in the amount you wish to give.
- Next line is ‘from account’. Choose the account you want the funds to be withdrawn from (i.e. chequing, savings etc.)
- Next line is ‘message’. Type a message as to how you would like your donation allocated (i.e. $$ for weekly/general fund, $$ for Monthly Mission, Mission and Service or special projects – just as you would on your envelope). If you don’t leave a message it will automatically go to the general fund.
- If you’re not automatically taken to the next page, click on ‘next’ or whatever similar button is provided.
- Next window tells you that you’re done (you’ll see a note that we get to skip a step here) – click ‘send’.
- An acknowledgement will come to you from your bank via whatever method you chose when you set up your online account (i.e. email, text).
- The treasurer will receive an email alert which will be used to record your charitable donation for tax purposes.
You can arrange for automatic withdrawals through the PAR (Pre-Authorized Remittance) program. Withdrawals are made on the 20th of each month.
To register for PAR, you’ll need to provide:
- A cheque marked VOID and signed
- Your address
- The amount you want to have withdrawn each month
Mail these items to, or drop them off during office hours at, Haliburton United Church:
10 George Street
Haliburton, Ontario K0M 1S0
Thank you. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Haliburton United Church